Poor Razzi used to write his own column – Razzi Writes – plus his Scary Monsters and Razzi’s Girls columns most months. Currently he hasn’t written anything for months now. I used to write my own column also but I haven’t posted anything for a long time. George’s Sports Column, Einstein’s Science Column, Erik ‘The Hats’ Column – although he has been writing Favourite Film and Telly Programme posts – Egginanno’s Art Column plus many of Uncle Bimbo’s ‘Remembering’ columns have all been dropped during the last twelve months simply because of the lack of space.
It would be easy to suggest that Bear Music Sunday’s, Talking Shit Friday’s and The Andreaa Angel Show – all who post weekly – should be reduced to only posting monthly. The problem with that is that these three posts are the most popular on Jammy Toast according to our analytics. More people visit Jammy Toast on their days – presumably to see these posts – than on any other day. So reducing these would obviously go against what Toasters want.
That is something we don’t want to do but what are we going to do about this problem? How are we going to give some of ours bears more opportunities to post things themselves? Well, after a great deal of thought – and some heated debate – these are some of the ideas we have come up with. These are just ideas and are not set in concrete. We want your thoughts on our plans.
- Instead of using up a day’s post to announce news or new features here at Jammy Toast, we could have a dedicated News Page. This could be updated every time there is any news and even use a pop-up to let people know when it has been updated to remind Toasters to check it out.
- Some items could also benefit from a dedicated page, instead of using up a post. Egginanoo, for example, has two pages dedicated to her artwork. When she posts it is usually just to say she has added a new drawing/painting to her collection. Again a pop-up could be used to perform this task.
- Stop The Bearkeeper from writing rubbish like “Toilets Of The Wirral” and “Old Railway Stations Of The Wirral”. The question has been asked, what have these things got to do with bears? Davidd does get carried away sometimes.
- Decide in advance who gets to post every month. As a rough guide, we could put aside twenty posts for frequent/monthly posters and leave other days free for occasional posts by others. Also leave a few days each month for rare writers and little general interest posts.
- Do all posters have to have a series? Some bears may just want to post something and then never post ever again because they have said all they want to say. Jammy Toast seems to be guilty of pressuring people into becoming serial posters when maybe they don’t want to be.
One thing that we do not want to implement is posting more than once a day. Last year we started posting twice on Saturday and Sunday but many people missed the extra posts. We are all creatures of habit. Many people – for example – pop onto Jammy Toast at 7pm every day after tea. If we post something at 9am and then again after at 6pm, these people miss the early post.
The following is a table of posts we feel should be included at least every week or every month.
|Bear Music||Flat Eric||Sundays||4 (avg)|
|Talking Shit||The Bearkeeper||Fridays||4 (avg)|
|The Andreaa Angel Show||Andreaa Angel||Thursdays||4 (avg)|
|Bimbo Remembers/Dogs||Great Uncle Bimbo||Montly||1|
|Favourite Films||Erik ‘The Hat’ Bear||Monthly||1|
|Lestly In The Hizzouse||Lester B.||Monthly||1|
|Lisa’s Dirty Washing||Lisa ‘W’||Monthly||1|
|Our Granny||The Bearkeeper||Monthly||1|
|Paddington Bear||Michael Bond CBE||Monthly||1|
|Pot Noodle’s Say||Pot Noodle||Monthly||1|
|Razzi Writes||Erasmus ‘Razzi’ Bear||Monthly||1|
|Telly Favourtes||Erik ‘The Hat’ Bear||Monthly||1|
|The Adventures of Mr Benn||Mr Benn||Monthly||1|
|Winnie The Pooh||AA Milne||Monthly||1|
We are nearly at the end of the Mr Benn posts, so that means we have twenty-two days every month used by posts/posters who have material to post each month. We then have five posters who occasionally want to post as follows.
|Davidd’s Doodles||The Bearkeeper||Occasional||0|
|Erik’s Column||Erik ‘The Hat’ Bear||Occasional||0|
If we stick to this plan, then even on a busy month when all occasional posters want to post something then we still have a few days left over for the odd news or general interest story we want to feature. This sounds like a great plan moving forward – we just need to stop Davidd posting shit now!
Let us know if you have any ideas/thoughts on this subject.